Diffuser for Alfa Romeo Giula

Tehnička pitanja i odgovori. Održavanje, servisiranje i eksploatacija za sve modele.
Korisnikov avatar
Artur
Drug Član
Drug Član
Garaža: Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.2 Diesel
Pridružio se: Uto Sep 19, 2023 4:08 pm

Diffuser for Alfa Romeo Giula

Uto Sep 19, 2023 4:41 pm

Pozdrav!

Looks like the first post in English :) Excuse me, i do not speak Serbian very well.
First if all, it was great to participate in the team's event at Avala and joined the club. The organization and people were absolutely fantastic!

I am pretty sure that you already discussed that topic, but i was not able to find the answer by the search. I was talking to some people during the event about the diffuser for my Alfa Romeo Giulia and i was told to consider ordering the one on Ali Express.
This one look ok for me: https://aliexpress.ru/item/100500208365 ... 8393648693

But i know that you have serious troubles with customs when you order goods more expensive than 50 euros.
Questions:
1. Does anybody order from Ali Express? How do you handle customs?
2. Is there any other chance how i can get this part without dealing with customs? Any recommendations? :)
3. I heard about some people how actually crafting these parts by their own in Serbia. Can you give me any recommendations?

Thanks,
Artur
Korisnikov avatar
Flavio
Uprava ARCS
Uprava ARCS
Garaža: ex 155 1.8 TS,
ex 1.8 T.S. KaraWagon
FL 147 120 TS
Stilo 80 JTD
Felicia Combi 75 I.E.
Pridružio se: Sub Nov 15, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: Diffuser for Alfa Romeo Giula

Uto Sep 19, 2023 9:44 pm

Greetings !
Welcome aboard (of lunatic hahaha ) :arflag
Feel comortable and enjoy :coolguy:
Korisnikov avatar
Reba
Garaža: Giulia Sprint 2.0 TB
200ks AT8 RWD Vesuvio Gray

ex 147 1.9mjet 150ks Q2 Black
Pridružio se: Pon Dec 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Sre Sep 20, 2023 11:23 am

Greetings and welcome! :)

Well, I can provide you with some information since I completed this process a few months ago.
1) The diffuser is ordered from the MCarCar Kit store (https://mcarcarkit.aliexpress.com/store/513552). The build quality is okay for the price and I got the one that has a slight discoloration on the small place. I wanted to repaint the entire diffuser, however, got the advice that can be treated with vinyl cosmetics and there is no need to spend additional money (also, I received some compensation from the store for this small problem). As I said, do not expect manufacture or OEM quality of the plastic and a nice finish, but besides that, still worth of money. :)
2) There is no way to import this legally without customs. All international shipments will be checked by the customs and packages worth more than 50 euros (original price + shipment prices) must be cleared. You need to pay 10% for the customs and 20% for VAT and you can easily calculate the estimated price for the order. Also, since this package is not small, I'm 100% sure that you have to go through the customs process. If the diffuser is for personal use (your car), customs will require you to prove that you will not resell this product, and in my case, I got a letter in which is requested to provide a copy of the car's registration certificate ('saobracajna dozvola') as a proof. An option to avoid Serbian customs is to ship a diffuser to some EU country and assemble the part over there (or have somebody to bring the part into Serbia ... somehow :) )
3) I didn't find anyone to craft these diffusers in Serbia. There are some stores that are importing and reselling here (I don't know from which country, probably China).

Anyway, before ordering, double-check with the store does the product fits your Giulia model.
Korisnikov avatar
Sauriann
Drug Član
Drug Član
Garaža: Stelvio 2.2 Q4 Lusso

ex Giulietta 2.0 TCT
ex MiTo 1.4 Turbo Benzina 155
ex 156 jtd mjet 16V SW
Pridružio se: Sub Okt 30, 2010 7:39 am

Sre Sep 20, 2023 6:37 pm

Hi Artur,
regarding the third option, if you have a sample, you can make a new diffuser based on it... That's what I did for my giulietta at Mr Performance in Belgrade.

Slika
Korisnikov avatar
Artur
Drug Član
Drug Član

Čet Sep 21, 2023 12:11 pm

Sauriann napisao:
Hi Artur,
regarding the third option, if you have a sample, you can make a new diffuser based on it... That's what I did for my giulietta at Mr Performance in Belgrade.

Slika
Thanks, Sauriann and everyone who answered to my very first post :)
Could you tell me where did you get the sample? I am not sure i can do this, because the diffuser i need is not an original Veloce one, but something that can fit my model of Giulia.
Korisnikov avatar
Artur
Drug Član
Drug Član

Čet Sep 21, 2023 12:15 pm

Reba napisao:
Sre Sep 20, 2023 11:23 am
Greetings and welcome! :)

Well, I can provide you with some information since I completed this process a few months ago.
1) The diffuser is ordered from the MCarCar Kit store (https://mcarcarkit.aliexpress.com/store/513552). The build quality is okay for the price and I got the one that has a slight discoloration on the small place. I wanted to repaint the entire diffuser, however, got the advice that can be treated with vinyl cosmetics and there is no need to spend additional money (also, I received some compensation from the store for this small problem). As I said, do not expect manufacture or OEM quality of the plastic and a nice finish, but besides that, still worth of money. :)
2) There is no way to import this legally without customs. All international shipments will be checked by the customs and packages worth more than 50 euros (original price + shipment prices) must be cleared. You need to pay 10% for the customs and 20% for VAT and you can easily calculate the estimated price for the order. Also, since this package is not small, I'm 100% sure that you have to go through the customs process. If the diffuser is for personal use (your car), customs will require you to prove that you will not resell this product, and in my case, I got a letter in which is requested to provide a copy of the car's registration certificate ('saobracajna dozvola') as a proof. An option to avoid Serbian customs is to ship a diffuser to some EU country and assemble the part over there (or have somebody to bring the part into Serbia ... somehow :) )
3) I didn't find anyone to craft these diffusers in Serbia. There are some stores that are importing and reselling here (I don't know from which country, probably China).

Anyway, before ordering, double-check with the store does the product fits your Giulia model.
Thanks for such a great explanation with the details, Reba!
I am curios if you guys ordered part with these services:
https://deprevoz.com/
www.yugotransport.co.uk

These services could help you to avoid dealing with customs by yourself.
Korisnikov avatar
Sauriann
Drug Član
Drug Član
Garaža: Stelvio 2.2 Q4 Lusso

ex Giulietta 2.0 TCT
ex MiTo 1.4 Turbo Benzina 155
ex 156 jtd mjet 16V SW
Pridružio se: Sub Okt 30, 2010 7:39 am

Pet Sep 22, 2023 11:47 am

Sauriann napisao:
Thanks, Sauriann and everyone who answered to my very first post :)
Could you tell me where did you get the sample? I am not sure i can do this, because the diffuser i need is not an original Veloce one, but something that can fit my model of Giulia.
Hi Arthur,

the donor is the main problem, especially if it is not OEM... But maybe it can be custom designed, i.e. updated from OEM, I just don't know at what price...

Povratak na “Area Servizio”