Bez duše bismo bili samo mašine...
Korisnikov avatar
Ljuba
Garaža: Alfa Romeo 166 2.0 TS
Yamaha XV535 Virago
Pridružio se: Ned Nov 23, 2008 4:11 pm

ICS code za Alfu 166

Pon Mar 26, 2007 11:35 am

ICS codes and ICS removal - hopefully a definitive guide!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings all fellow 166 owners with no tunes, no trip computer, no phone (if you're lucky!) and no idea what temperature it is in or out of the car!

Well I've had some fun and games over the last few days, after disconnecting my battery to reset the ECU (which cured my dodgy tickover issue a treat) which then caused my ICS to go into code lockout mode.

First of all, I had the International Security Register document from Alfa, which I paid ?20 last year to unlock my satnav (although at that time the ICS was fine, it was just the nav that was bitching for a code!) and this had worked fine for the nav unit. However, this code did NOT unlock my ICS. So be warned - you may have that ISR document, but it may be as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest!

So here's what I did - hopefully it will be a definitive description of what to do if you get stuck in this hole. There's lots of articles on this site but what I did here is an amalgamation of many different threads. So credit to all those that made contributions. I'm hoping that this will help any newbies or people stuck in a rut to get a code nice and easily. It took me about 15 mins in total to do this - although if this is your first ICS removal then you may take longer, as it is a bit of an art but hopefully I can shed some light on this.

This method is cheaper than getting the ISR records from Alfa - they will cost you ?20. This method costs ?9.95. Every little helps!

So, to get the ICS code, you will need to get the PROPER Becker serial number off the unit. This is not the white sticker on the right hand side of the unit as you look at it, be warned.

ICS removal:

1) Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery (in the boot, left hand side behind a cover held on with 2 knurled nuts) - make sure the negative cable cannot flick back to hit the battery. Looks like a 10mm socket is needed for this.

2) Look at the leather boot on the gear lever. You will see a stud popper, undo this. Below the popper there is some velcro, open this.

3) On the silver/wood trim (whichever you have) at the very bottom of the trim, nearest the handbrake, try slipping in a very thin screwdriver blade, or grip your fingers underneath the leather boot at the base of the gear lever and lever or pull up gently. The trim at the bottom should pop up. Now look at the top of this part of trim, which is where the chrome strip is above the fuel cap release button, and goes the width of the ICS unit. You will need to pop out the lower trim from this line. Once this is out, you will need to cajole the section out, and remove the cables for the 3/4 buttons and the cigarette lighter. These connectors have tabbed locks - the tabs are on the right hand side of the black and white connectors. Push the tab in with your fingernail and pull the connector out. Don't force it - if it's not coming out you're probably not pushing the tab in. They don't pop out but once the tab is pressed in it needs only gentle persuasion to remove. Slide the trim up, and over the gear lever and gear knob. If you opened up the pop stud and velcro this should be easy but it is a tightish fit, so be careful. Put this trim to one side.

4) Now you will see inside this trim. The black trim bezel (shaped like a big U) is still there that surrounded the trim in 3) - this will need to come out. It's held in by 4 cross head screws, 2 of which are just below the bottom corners of the ICS, the other 2 are near the bottom nearest the handbrake. Remove all 4, keep in a safe place. Now pull the trim out, starting at the handbrake end and work out the sections at the bottom sides of the ICS - these parts are held in by clips so you may need to just gently prize them out with at large flat bladed screwdriver. Be careful not to damage the trim. What you will probably find when this large panel comes off is that the chrome strip at the bottom edge of the ICS pops out too. Don't worry, that's OK. Put them both to one side.

5) Now the ICS removal. Bain of many a 166 owners life by the looks of it. Lots of confusion abounds about this. But it's just experience and a wee bit of luck. The easiest way I found is to attack the left hand side first. So, get yourself a torch, pop your centre armrest to the upright position, take the handbrake off (pop car in gear first, preferably 2nd as you will need the space to get the ICS unit out!) and sitting in the driver's seat, lay across the middle of the car onto the passenger seat. Now shine your torch at the left hand panel side of the ICS, at the black plastic near the lip where the dashboard trim meets the U part we just removed, you'll see a hole. Now shine your torch at this hole, and angle it approx. 45 degress up and to the front of the car a little, and you will see a little .tunnel. up - and at the end of that tunnel is the .hallowed clip. - look for the shony metal reflection - now this is one of the 2 clips we need to push in to remove the ICS. So get a very thin bladed screwdriver, of length to reach to the end of that tunnel, and get it in there. Then stick your fingers in the cassette player slot in the ICS, push the clip in and gently pull on the front of the ICS through the cassette slot. When you push the clip in properly, the ICS will edge forwards ever so slightly - that's enough for now. Hitting the clip properly is a bit hit and miss, but I found once I could see what I was aiming at this was half the battle. Using a flat head screwdriver seems to help - you can feel the metal on metal contact when it is touching the clip, then push gently and you will feel resistance, but slight movement, that's when you know you have the clip.

Once this is done, you know what you're doing, so all it is, is a repeat of the same but for the right hand side clip. Again, up a 45 degree angle, and you'd be best sitting in the passenger seat and laying across the driver's seat to do this, but I was awkward and lazy and carried on sitting in the driver's seat - whichever is easiest for you!

Now, once both sides are edged out, put one hand in the cassette slot, one hand under the lower front edge, and pull gently. The unit will now come out about 1-2 inches before you will feel resistance. This is due to 2 short cable connectors. One is slap bang behind the middle of the lower edge, again with a lock tab (lock tab is on the bottom of this connector) and the other is on the lower third of the unit, left hand side. Lock tabbed again, think this one was on the bottom as well. Remove both connectors - again don't force. The lock tabs are holding them on, not tightness. Once these 2 are off, you can pull the unit out all the way.

Now - you will be able to access the Becker unit model and number. Ignore the sticky label on the ride hand side of the unit. Despite what you may have read, it seems that the holy grail of the code being on this sticky label is very rare. If it is, good for you, you just saved yourself a tenner! However, what you will probably have is just the Alfa model and serial number, and these are useless. What you need to look at is on the left hand side panel of the unit, and it is stamped into the metal itself, in the top half of the unit. Shine a torch on the side if you're having trouble seeing it, it does help. This number will be of the format:

BE1234W1234567

The 1234 and W1234567 numbers will be unique to your unit so for god's sake don't enter 1234 and W1234567 on the website below! Make sure you copy your unique numbers down carefully from your unit as some of the numbers like 5 and 6 can look similar on metal stamping. Just 1 wrong number entered below will give you the wrong code, so beware!

The Becker model number is the first 6 digits, i.e.

BE1234

The serial number is the last 8, i.e.

W1234567

Now go here:

http://www.car-audio-accessories.co.uk/ ... -codes.php

Now in the boxes shown, enter the 2 numbers from above (you will only need to enter the 1234 part of the BE1234 number as the BE is already filled in for you, but the full 8 digit W1234567 number must go into the second line) then enter a valid email address and then the system will search. You will only then proceed to pay IF they have a code on record for this combination, but to be fair it looks like a cracking database, very comprehensive. Once it has found a code it will ask you to confirm this is your serial number before continuing to payment, so this is last chance saloon, check the number carefully before continuing - it will give the number in the full 14 digit form here, as you saw it on the side of the unit. Bearing in mind my car is one of the first 166's (98 plate) and they had my code, I think this will work for us all! Once you have made payment (paypal works well, but nochex will also work for credit cards if you don't have a payal account) you will be given your code, and mailed it too. You want the 4 digit one at the top of the list. Make a note of this, keep it safe. Also make a note of the websites reference number for your transaction - if you need a refund you will have to have this.

Refit the ICS - when you push it in you will feel the 2 tabs click in to lock it in place (remember to reconnect the 2 cables to the ICS and the 2 cables to the lower trim panel, which will also click in once locked), the side U panel, and the lower panel. The only troubles I found on re-assembly were:

1) The chrome trim stip from the bottom of the ICS - if yours popped off like mine did. Refit this once the ICS and the black plastic U shaped surround with the 4 screws are back together. Then make sure the strip is straight (gets bent easily!) and then position it so that the longer of the 2 tabs on each of the 6 poking out tabs is on the bottom, the short tab is on the top, then put the long tabs into the slots in the ICS bottom and click home. You will know it's right as it sits in flush and clean. Again, don't force. It doesn't need it. If you are forcing it then you are doing something wrong.

2) The lower trim panel. First, get it over the gear lever and the gear lever and knob through the leather boot. Reconnect the 2 cables now. Now just hook the metal clip at the bottom under the black U panel - doesn't have to be flush yet. Then angle the panel so the cigarette lighter part goes under the bottom of the chrome trim edge, then slot the top edge into the ICS panel below the chrome strip. It's a wee bit fiddly but be patient. Then when this is locked in, just give the lower edge of the panel just above the metal clip on the bottom a tap and it should click home. Now do up the velcro on the leather gear lever boot and pop the stud back together just below the gear knob.

Reconnect the battery, click the ignition on and enter your freshly obtained 4 digit code. Worked for me, worked for others too. Looking at the nightmare others have had, although this means popping out the ICS to get the right info, this seems to me the cheapest, and more importantly the most quickest way, of getting the correct ICS code.

As for the nav code, on my car these 2 are different. So once you have the ICS up and running you may still need a nav code too. In my case, the Alfa ISR register had this, but not the ICS code. Now I know what I'd rather have working - all my toys bar one or none? Easy choice!

Should you find, for any reason, that this code doesn't work, just email the guys at car-audio-accessories.co.uk with your reference number (in the email they send you) and they will refund the money. The first time I tried this, I put in the Alfa serial number instead, so don't make my mistake! But the guys on the site refunded immediately, so it's a good and fair site.

Well that's it - I've benefitted enough from tricks and tips from this site, I just thought it was my turn to give something back and as the ICS is so vital in the 166, I hope this saves some people some scratching of heads and headaches in the future.

Cheers

Mark

PS special thanks to Niallmoran, MarkTodd and Sipe for the hints and tips that led to this success. Again I can't stress enough that none of the above is actually my .own work. as such - I couldn't have done it without you guys!
ALFA ROMEO. No Comment, just respect!!!
Go
Gost
Drug Član
Drug Član

Iskustvo?

Čet Apr 12, 2007 9:07 am

Jel' neko ovo radio?
Kolega ima 166-ticu i ima ovaj problem. Nisam siguran da je dovoljno vest
da ovu operaciju vadjenja uradi sam, a i problem je sa placanjem preko
net-a. Ima li neki servis kojem bi mogao da se obrati (Delta, neki drugi?)
Pozdrav.
Korisnikov avatar
Ljuba
Garaža: Alfa Romeo 166 2.0 TS
Yamaha XV535 Virago
Pridružio se: Ned Nov 23, 2008 4:11 pm

Čet Apr 12, 2007 2:15 pm

Posalji Saletu Personal Message, Sale_BGD. On je odradio na 156-ci nesto slicno kod nekoga.... Mozda mogu da odrade isto i za 166....ja na svu srecu imam sve kodove na karticama....
ALFA ROMEO. No Comment, just respect!!!
Go
Gost
Drug Član
Drug Član

Sub Jun 09, 2007 3:36 pm

Juce sam menjao akumulator, a posto nemam iCS kodove i desilo se sto se desilo...
Zvao sam par maistora i niko osim delte nece da vadi ICS, kao nemaju alat, jedino je hteo Stojanov iz NS ali kaze da mu treba pola dana.
I ja tu odlucim da probam sam da ga izvadim, odstampam uputstvo koje je Ljuba (zelim da mu se zahvalim ovom prilikom) postavio uzmem alat i na posao i posle nekih dvadesetak minuta uspeo sam da ga izvadim i upisem kodove i vratim ga nazad. Iskreno nista lakse...
Jedino sto nisam provalio kako preko onog sajta treba da popunim polja za kreditnu karticu pa da mi posalju sifru pa cu najverovatnije morati u deltu da mi naruce iz Italije karticu
Slika
alek-sasa-94
Pridružio se: Sre Jun 17, 2009 8:55 pm

ICS

Sre Jun 17, 2009 8:59 pm

imam alfu romeo 166 trazi mi ICS cod da li neko zna gde mogu da nadjem kod za nju????hitno mi je???hvala unapred!!!!
Korisnikov avatar
Viper
Garaža: Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 JTS

Audi Q5 2.0 TDI Quattro

Kawasaki ER-6n

Yamaha Tmax 500
Pridružio se: Čet Nov 20, 2008 6:29 pm

Re: ICS

Sre Jun 17, 2009 9:07 pm

Pa pise ti na kod kartici koju si trebao dobiti uz Alfu, cetvorocifren broj ako se dobro secam.
"I lived with you for twenty years: how many deeds,events and men went by! Today, i remember them,each and every one.I have, for Alfa the tenderness of a first love.The pure affection of a child for his mother."
Enzo Ferrari
Korisnikov avatar
dexxxter
Garaža: 156 2.0 TS 16v
166 Facelift 3.2 V6 24v
Pridružio se: Čet Nov 20, 2008 9:32 pm

Sre Jun 17, 2009 9:14 pm

Predstavi se u virusu! Prvi post bi trebao da ide tamo!

Ako nisi dobio karticu, ne gine ti odlazak u Deltu, trosak od 6-7000 din, cekanje 15-ak dana, i dobices novu kod karticu sa kodom za tvoju navigaciju. Ako si siguran da ICS nije menjan, mozes da trazis kod po broju sasije, ali ako nisi, moraces da izvadis navigaciju i da sa nje iscitas podatke. Mozda imas SN i na ekranu...
Slika
range
Pridružio se: Ned Dec 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Čet Jun 18, 2009 6:24 am

Naravno da ne mora da ide u deltu... Naci cu negde link, ima neki litvanski sajt koji racuna kod na osnovu S/N i P/N a.
Korisnikov avatar
Dragon
Saradnik Uprave
Saradnik Uprave
Garaža: Giulietta 1.4 Distinctive
ex GTV Cup 2.0 TS
ex 156 JTD SP
ex 147 2.0 TS
ex147 1.9JTDm
Pridružio se: Uto Maj 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Čet Jun 18, 2009 10:10 am

Ajd pronadji, nemam ni ja kod.
John Lennon - 2600 Sprint, SS, Pope John Paul II - Sei (Alfa 6), Sophia Loren - Duetto, Frank Zappa - 1969 GTV, Ralph Lauren - 8C2900B, Nick Mason - TZ-1, John F. Kennedy - Giulietta Spider, Eric Clapton - 6C 2500 Super Sport, Dragon - GTV Cup.
range
Pridružio se: Ned Dec 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Čet Jun 18, 2009 1:13 pm

http://www.radio-code.lt/

Morate da se registrujete, pa tek onda. Nista se ne placa, znam da je pomoglo za jednu 156 redizajn i 166 2000 godiste, ali za moju 2005 nije.

Napisite da li vam je uspelo
ZE
ZEPP 46
Drug Član
Drug Član

Čet Jun 18, 2009 1:31 pm

evo još jedan link..uspevalo je
http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewforum ... e7de493a0e
Korisnikov avatar
vladapoz
Garaža: Alfa Romeo 147 Selespeed
Pridružio se: Sre Maj 27, 2009 11:15 pm

Pon Jul 13, 2009 7:46 pm

Da li neko moze da mi objasni da li treba da citam kod sa centralne konzole u autu ili sa same navigacije u gepeku.Probao sam kodove sa centrale da ubacim na sajt radio-code,ali brojeve koje mi on daje ne prihvata mi navigacija.
Korisnikov avatar
vladapoz
Garaža: Alfa Romeo 147 Selespeed
Pridružio se: Sre Maj 27, 2009 11:15 pm

Alfa 166 DVIX na ICS

Pon Avg 10, 2009 12:13 am

video sam na stranim forumima da su likovi uspeli da povezu DVD player na ICS,pa me zanima da li je neko od vas uspeo to da uradi?Ja sam povezao ali mi posle par dana slika pocela da u pojedinim trenucima da igra.
Korisnikov avatar
Direktor
Garaža: Mercedes E220 CDI
Mercedes SLK 200 Kompressor
Pridružio se: Uto Dec 02, 2008 10:58 pm

Sub Avg 15, 2009 5:13 am

Treba da izvuces kompletan ICS i sa lece strane ili desne cen naci kod na osnovu kojeg u delti porucuju karticu. Ja sam vadio moj ics ima negde na forumu slika
Korisnikov avatar
Joksa AR166
Garaža: Alfa Romeo 166 2.4jtd 140hp;
Pridružio se: Pet Sep 18, 2009 11:01 am

Re: ICS code za Alfu 166

Sre Sep 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Svako ko bude imao problem sa ovim, menja akumulator, skine klemu ili tako nesto sto ce dovesti do zakljucavanja ICS-a neka kao kod kuca 4444 ! to je univerzalni kod a za vise funkcija (nemojte cackati) pritisnite clima + dark dugme u isto vreme! to mu dodjee kao bios!
GodLike
Korisnikov avatar
Joksa AR166
Garaža: Alfa Romeo 166 2.4jtd 140hp;
Pridružio se: Pet Sep 18, 2009 11:01 am

Re: Alfa 166 DVIX na ICS

Sre Sep 30, 2009 5:49 pm

ja sam za sada povezao 5 kanalno pojacalo! i woofer! a planiram i PS2 samo ne mogu da nadjem spravicu koja ce sa 12v smanjiti na 8.5v jer na toliko radi sonupljastajsn! :D sonu pise! xixixi :D
GodLike
Korisnikov avatar
Direktor

Re:

Ned Jul 15, 2012 11:02 am

Guest napisao:Juce sam menjao akumulator, a posto nemam iCS kodove i desilo se sto se desilo...
Zvao sam par maistora i niko osim delte nece da vadi ICS, kao nemaju alat, jedino je hteo Stojanov iz NS ali kaze da mu treba pola dana.
I ja tu odlucim da probam sam da ga izvadim, odstampam uputstvo koje je Ljuba (zelim da mu se zahvalim ovom prilikom) postavio uzmem alat i na posao i posle nekih dvadesetak minuta uspeo sam da ga izvadim i upisem kodove i vratim ga nazad. Iskreno nista lakse...
Jedino sto nisam provalio kako preko onog sajta treba da popunim polja za kreditnu karticu pa da mi posalju sifru pa cu najverovatnije morati u deltu da mi naruce iz Italije karticu
Slika

Mojih ruku delo... :arflag
Korisnikov avatar
Darko_NS
Garaža: Skoda Superb 1.4
Lancia Lybra 1.8
Pridružio se: Ned Mar 29, 2009 5:49 pm

Ned Jul 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Da ne otvaram novu temu, pitacu ovde..

skoro sam uzeo 166.. pa me zanima par stvari jer sam potpuni laik
vidim da na Ics-u mi ne radi telefon, pise da nemam tu opciju, to
mi je jasno jer nemam ni onaj zarez gde se gura kartica od telefona

ono sto me zanima je navigacija, pise mi "non disponibile", gde i kako
da se ubace mape?? napominjem da nemam sarzer (ako to uopste i igra
neku ulogu) da li to mogu da odradim u ovlascenim servisima??
i kakav su vam iskustva sa fabrickom navigacijom, da li radi po potpuno
istom principu kao i aftermarket, ukucas drzava, grad, ulicu, i ona
te klasicno usmerava??
Korisnikov avatar
Direktor

Sre Avg 01, 2012 9:41 pm

Treba ti citac koji se nalazi iznad cd sarzera...
Slika
Bez njega nema sanse da ubacis bilo sta u navigaciju, jer sama navigacija radi na principu ocitavanja sadrzaja cd-a, a mislim, neka me kolege isprave ako gresim da je u uredjaju i gps prijemnik tako da bez nabavke istog nista od fabricke navigacije.
Navigacija funkcionise na istom principu kao i garmin i slicne samo sto slova biras i potvrdjujes vrteci tasten i pritiskajuci ga.
Dok sam vozio 166 imao sam nakeoliko mapa, zapadnu Evropu i Rim ali navteq onda jos nije imao mape Srbije i okolnih zemalja, a mislim da Srbiju nema ni do dana danasnjeg...
Korisnikov avatar
Darko_NS
Garaža: Skoda Superb 1.4
Lancia Lybra 1.8
Pridružio se: Ned Mar 29, 2009 5:49 pm

Čet Avg 02, 2012 3:43 pm

jako glupo.. nije mi jasno sto su stavljali taj uredjaj kad ne moze da se koristi navigacija (zbog nedostatka cd playera) :banghead:
milosabs
Garaža: e39 525 d sport m optic touring
Pridružio se: Čet Okt 03, 2013 3:34 pm

Sre Jun 25, 2014 12:15 pm

pitanje za znalce,da li kada se uradi update ICS-a dolazi do otvaranje skrivenog menija dalje.Kod mene je AR FL 2.4 i kada pritisnem samo clima/dark izbaci one osnovne podatke i ne daje mogucnost daljeg odlaska u druge menije?Hva;a
bio jednom jedan TI
bgdhunter
rookie
Garaža: Alfa Romeo 166 2.0 ts. '00
Pridružio se: Čet Dec 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Čet Dec 06, 2018 6:16 pm

Pomoć drugari,isti problem kao kod većine...akumulator...i nema ICS-a :(
...skidao sam uređaj...pokupio sve moguće brojeve koje sam našao na samom uređaju(čak i slikao sve nalepnice)...pokušavao sve ovo što ste do sada pisali i ostavljali linkove...probao 4444 i 0000,ali bezuspešno...ima li nemo rešenje za mene... hvala unapred drugari....

Povratak na “Alfa Romeo 147 | Alfa Romeo 156 | 166 | GTV | GT”